Friday, October 10, 2014

I don't always party, but when I do.. (personal post)

I have an absolutely beautiful time with great people!




My lovely little readers! I am so sorry for the week-long hiatus, I've been keeping up with the family (my parents are in Florida so I'm helping my grandparents babysit), keeping up with school (and dealing with teachers I'd like to drop-kick in the throat), and hanging out with some new people to see how that works out
I'm never really that "busy"; I only go to school 3 days a week for 3 hours, and I don't have a job or that many friends really. This week was just unusually weird...

ANYWAY

Tonight I had one of the most lovely experiences of my life, and I'm not even close to exaggerating. My friend Matt Deifer is a phenomenal body painter (find some of his beautiful masterpieces here) that paints for BodyPaint.Me, and tonight he had a studio warming party to welcome a new artist, David J. Miller (check out some of his work here), into his studio. The party was wonderful; there were so many artists everywhere you looked, and I got to spend it with a really good friend of mine that I brought with me(super secret hint: my "What is Love?" entry is about said mystery person). There was wine and snacks, and I brought some hard liquor for the party (you're supposed to bring something to a " ___ warming party", right? Also this is the only thing I drink.. very frequently I might add). I met a lot of cool people that were all unique and interesting in their own ways; some did special effects make up, some were into photography, but most of them were artists of some form. There were a few body painters there, but I am most familiar with Matt so I had him paint me. Afterwards, David took pictures, but guess what! I did too! They're not nearly as good, but they're good enough for memories, and that's good enough for me. 
I took a ton of pictures because this is a night I will remember for a very long time, and I look really drunk and really happy in all of them because I was. Some are blurry, some I look fat, some are a little awkward, but they're all beautiful in their own way and I love every single one of them. Readers, I now share with you..... the evidence that I sometimes do things, and cool things at that! Take a look!
Side Note: For anyone who can't tell, my chest piece is inspired by one of my favorite photos: a jellyfish on a typical therapist chair with a glass of red wine in one hand and a cigarette in the other (replace the red wine with Svedka and it's my spirit animal). This photo is notorious for being my computer and phone background for maaaany months. Here is the photo:


Matt did an incredible job, and he did my whole chest piece in like 30 minutes. I'm sure he would've taken more time to detail it if he had it, but unfortunately I have an 11 o' clock curfew and it makes my social life a cruel joke (normally, at least). Now that we've got the specifics of the piece itself down, its party time! drumroll please!

**drumroll**..........


Fellow Party-goers:


Matt Deifer


Matt Deifer


Bob Landi a.k.a My arm candy for the night ;)


Matt Deifer


Just me and my chest piece:









My bathroom photo shoot (and a closer look at the piece):














and last but not least.....

The Great Landi (ride back home):




And there you have it, readers! I hope that I made up for my lack of posting this week by posting a ton of photos in this blog post. Further, I hope you enjoy all of the photos as much as I do. :)
It's 3:45am and sleep doesn't appear to be happening for me tonight, but I hope all of you readers are having a wonderful night and an even better sleep to top it all off!

Xoxo,
Liza Jane

















No comments:

Post a Comment