Friday, October 17, 2014

#OOTD *Punk Rocky*

#OOTD Punk Rocky


Hey there, readers! Sorry I've been absent for a bit.. I've been having a couple personal/family matters that have turned out to be quite troubling.
But enough about my problems, onto the #OOTD!

Tonight I had a date-kinda-sorta thing with a friend of mine, and it was absolutely wonderful. You know when you haven't seen someone in a while, and you're not sure how they're expecting you to be, so you just blow them away with your style just to be safe? This was one of those things. 
Anyway, I got all dressed up to get messy with some wings and mini panzarotti's, and by some miracle I didn't stain a single thing!
I did, however, tear a couple irreparable holes in my stockings. As unfortunate as it was, it was totally expected, considering with stockings you have about 3 wears at the absolute most that you can get away with before you put a run in them.
I also noticed recently that I've been leaning more towards a tough, edgy, punk style. Though not on purpose, I'm absolutely loving it (I look damn good in a nice leather jacket). Don't believe me?

PROOF:


Not too shabby, eh? And can we please for a second just look how CUTE these tights are?! I saw them in Hot Topic today, and I'm smitten for the kittens. Also, although it's hard to see, the pin I'm wearing is my absolute favorite pin of all the pins I own (I have a denim jacket that I covered in a couple pins, I'll detail more in another blog post *promise*). It's a vintage Rocky Horror Picture Show pin, and if you know me you know how incredibly in love I am with the movie and with Dr. Frank-n-Furter (the dreamiest of the dreamiest transvestites).


This is a look at the outfit sans jacket. If you haven't noticed by now, little black dresses are kind of my thing. My signature, if you will. I wear this little number about 4 times a week on average, and thats because it goes with absolutely everything you could imagine and more. Same with the shoes, I love my little Jeffrey Campbell booties.


From the back. I think it's so cute that the tights have kitty faces on the front and their tails in the back. Also, my hair looks super blonde and fluffy, which I love (especially considering this hairstyle took all of 7 seconds out of my day to accomplish). 
Side Note: This outfit made me feel like Madonna in the 80's.
Twins, right?


..Time for a close up!


Acessories: Normally I rotate between the same 3 necklaces and skip on earrings, but I decided to actually accessorize for once with this cute Francesca's finds. I love how the necklace is cropped and falls just around my neck, because this style of necklace I've found is more flattering on me than a straight-up choker. The earrings are a little hard to see, but they start off with a diamond stud, off of which comes a gold chain, and the gold chain ends in a gold hoop with a little cross hanging inside of it. I'm not really religious, and I'm technically Jewish (if you go off of the fact that I was bat mitzvah'd and that's what both of my parents practice), so the cross aspect is irrelevant. Not a religious statement, I just thought they were cute.
Hair: As I mentioned earlier, this hairstyle took 7 seconds to do. My date noticed that I had been taking forever to get ready, and my hair just didn't fall properly today with it being down, so I just threw it up in a pony and threw in the bow. Honestly, I get waaaay more use out of this bow than I ever thought I would. I like it most over a bun, but being that my hair is short a bun isn't always an easy accomplishment. I also tend to hate my hair in a ponytail (I feel it always looks way too casual), but the bow really dresses it up in a very nice way. I highly recommend all of my readers invest in one, because it's a total lifesaver when you don't have tons of time to get ready and do you hair, or when your natural hair looks like crap.
Makeup: I've recently noticed that I hate to do a ton of eye makeup, quite frankly because I make a huge mess and it never ends up looking good (if only I was as good at makeup as I am at fashion *sigh*). Normally, I'll do some simple face makeup with my Bare Minerals foundation, veil, and concealer, and I'll throw white eyeliner on the waterline, black gel liner (the kind that comes in that little pot that you use a sharp and small angle brush to apply) under that, fill in the brows with my Urban Decay brow box, and some mascara to top it all of. However, since I had a date today I thought I'd do a little extra (but still not much). All I did was throw some rose gold shadow on my lids, and a matte light brown on the crease, and that was just enough to dress it up a little bit without really doing much.
pro-tip: If your concealer gets too much on your lips and makes them too nude, but you don't wanna fully commit to lipstick, just put on some LipStain and then wipe it off. Seriously. It gives you that little pop of color you want without having to keep up with a lipstick all night. Your Welcome.

Weird how this blog post is about my #OOTD but I ended up writing more about what was going on with my facial area than my outfit, right? Sorry! I got carried away. I normally don't accessorize or do too much makeup, so since today I actually did those things I thought I'd elaborate. 

Xoxo,
Liza Jane 





No comments:

Post a Comment