Friday, October 3, 2014

#OOTD feeling like fall

Fall is now in full swing, and you know what that means? I FINALLY get to wear all the cute fall outfits I bought that I've been waiting all summer to wear! Such as...


In my fall must-haves blog post I talked about how my favorite way to wear a cropped sweater is over a dress, and here is proof of how cute it looks! I got this Free People sweater from my favorite store Loehmann's (which unfortunately closed a year or so ago and my heart totally broke) a few years ago and I'm still in love. The dress is a plain black bodycon dress from Forever 21, and since I bought it in July I've worn it on average 4 times a week. It is the perfect dress to throw on, and it's so easy to dress up or down any way you'd like.



Here's a closer look of my bottom half. The socks I got at Urban Outfitters 3 or 4 years ago and they're a great fall staple. I tend to wear a lot of black, and these knee highs are perfect to throw on with a black dress to make it a little more casual, or to keep the calves nice and toasty. The brown buttons are a pretty cool addition too because I can break the "don't wear brown and black together" rule and throw a brown piece in (be it a cardigan or a necklace) and have it match the little buttons. The boots are Lucky Brand, and they're the only brown boots I own, which means they get a lot of wear on the days where I don't wear all black or when I'm going for a more bohemian look.


Here's a picture from the back, just incase anyone was wondering what the outfit looked like from behind. Also, ignore my thighs because the shadow and editing did something obviously hideous to them and made them look horrible (like I needed help with that).

Close-up of my necklace. Not sure where it's from, but my mom came in yesterday to give it to me and it is the cutest little fall accessory. In case you're having a hard time seeing it, those are acorns and a gold leaf on a gold chain. How cute, right?! So fall.


I just wanted to add a picture of my nails because they're on point and I barely ever do them, usually I'm too lazy or too broke. They're acrylics with black gel polish and white daisies painted on them, and I'm absolutely in love with the way they turned out.


I just wanted to add this one in of me and my dog because I thought it was really cute. His names Nino, and we also own his brother Charlie but he isn't pictured (maybe next time). My mom said he matched my outfit and made me hold him, but the picture turned out really cute.

Anyway, that's it for my super-fall-themed #OOTD. Hope everyone's enjoying their fall so far, and if not then I hope you can try your best to at least appreciate the weather while its just a little bit chilly before the big bad winter rears its ugly freezing head!

Xoxo,
Liza Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment